Libandis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abortion - First Topic

3 posters

Go down

Abortion - First Topic Empty Abortion - First Topic

Post by Automans Sun May 22, 2016 7:39 am

This was slated to become the first debate topic. On Monday, the debate will begin!
Automans
Automans
Admin

https://libandis.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Abortion - First Topic Empty Re: Abortion - First Topic

Post by Mirthologica Tue May 24, 2016 9:35 pm

I'll start now even though it's technically still Tuesday:

I believe that abortion should be a women's choice, up until a certain point. I don't believe in third trimester abortion, when the fetus can live outside the womb. But it is government overreach to dictate what people do with their bodies. My decision won't effect some religious nut in the Bible Belt. I don't know if I could ever personally have one myself, but others may have different points of view. If abortion is to be legal, it must be a viable option. There are many new laws being introduced (ex Texas) that limited where and how a woman can get an abortion. Planned Parenthood also preforms a myriad of other services besides abortion to many women across the US. It is important that proper funding is made so that abortions are safe and accessible should women choose that option.
Mirthologica
Mirthologica

Back to top Go down

Post by Automans Wed May 25, 2016 7:20 am

The debate will begin, if anyone can still get onto the forums and talk.
Automans
Automans
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leslie Hallandia Wed May 25, 2016 9:56 am

I believe that abortion should be legal until 20 weeks, unless there are major complications after the 20 week mark, and should be legal under any circumstances. This means that a woman could seek an abortion in cases as extreme as rape or simply because she does not want a child at the moment. Also, I believe that abortions should have confidentiality and should be easily available to the public. In cases of teen pregnancy, the woman carrying the child should not be required to notify their parents, as they would not be required to tell their parents if they were seeing a therapist or on anti-anxiety medications. Furthermore, I believe there should be greater access to abortions as current laws prevent many clinics from being operated and put the health of pregnant women at risk. Finally, there should be more education on contraceptives and prevention as an abstinence-only sexual education does not benefit anyone. Through more education, hopefully the need for abortion can be decreased and the stigma against women who have had an abortion or are seeking an abortion can be removed.
Leslie Hallandia
Leslie Hallandia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirthologica Wed May 25, 2016 11:49 am

Well we agree. Automas have anything to add?
Mirthologica
Mirthologica

Back to top Go down

Post by Automans Thu May 26, 2016 9:49 am

Leslie Hallandia wrote:I believe that abortion should be legal until 20 weeks, unless there are major complications after the 20 week mark, and should be legal under any circumstances. This means that a woman could seek an abortion in cases as extreme as rape or simply because she does not want a child at the moment. Also, I believe that abortions should have confidentiality and should be easily available to the public. In cases of teen pregnancy, the woman carrying the child should not be required to notify their parents, as they would not be required to tell their parents if they were seeing a therapist or on anti-anxiety medications. Furthermore, I believe there should be greater access to abortions as current laws prevent many clinics from being operated and put the health of pregnant women at risk. Finally, there should be more education on contraceptives and prevention as an abstinence-only sexual education does not benefit anyone. Through more education, hopefully the need for abortion can be decreased and the stigma against women who have had an abortion or are seeking an abortion can be removed.
You get to kill someone because you don't feel like it?
Automans
Automans
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum